Saturday, July 20, 2013

Antique Ebert Furniture secretary desk

One of the most interesting things about what I do is finding a piece of history. I have come across several different pieces of furniture in the past year or so with some sort of history lesson to tell. To me, history comes in many forms. Although I may never know the story of each find, my eyes always light up when I realize I have something that's much older than I thought it was when I purchased it. 

Case in point is this secretary desk I recently acquired. My picker bought it for me at an auction and I've finally gotten my hands on it! He delivered it about a week ago and it's been sitting under the carport waiting for my undivided attention. 



I learned tonight that this handsome young man isn't some mid century or later piece of solid wood furniture. Oh, no... He's an early 1900s walnut secretary desk made by Ebert Furniture! 

While I don't recognize the brand, I know that he's been around for quite some time! 







Check out that NRA endorsement! 

I did the best I could with searching Google (my favorite search engine) but really couldn't find a whole lot. I'm curious to know exactly what the piece is worth! 

Ah, well... No matter... It's old. Born before my grandmother most likely. She was born in 1927 so that's pretty darn old! 

I can't wait to get this guy finished completely!

No comments:

Post a Comment